Upcoming conferences organised by Vision Centre CIs
The events organised or supported by the Centre are listed below:
- Australasian Ophthalmic and Visual Sciences Meeting 2012
Dates: 26 - 28 November 2012
Location: Melbourne Convention Centre, Melbourne
For registration visit: http://vision.edu.au/AusVision/AOVSM/index.htm
- Vision Down Under 2012
VISION DOWN UNDER 2012: ACEVS Satellite Meeting on Vision
Dates: 26 - 29 Jan 2012
Location: O'Reilly's Rainforest Resort, Lamington National Park, QLD
Vision Down Under: the return of Australia's favourite Vision Science Meeting!
Sponsored by the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Vision Science and the Centre for Vision Science at the Australian National University.
- YV Retreat 2011 Announcement
Craving a weekend away at the coast? The 2011 Young Visionaries Retreat will again be held at the beautiful ANU Kioloa Campus on October 7-9. The retreat provides a great opportunity to learn and to connect with fellow Young Visionaries from other nodes, establish collaborations and make new friends.
This year’s retreat will feature workshops led by some of Australia’s leading vision scientists.
< >How to write successful grants applications
Speaking with confidence
- Children's Vision Day, 10 March 2011
The ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science in collaboration with the Optometrists Association of Australia is organising Children's Vision Day on 10 March 2011. Several Young Visionaries (young scientists of the Centre)will be participating in this outreach activity together with local optometrists with a focus on increasing awareness about the importance of good vision among school children throughout Australia. For more information and how to invite a local optometrist to your school visit Children's Vision Day website.
- Australian Neuroscience Society - Vision Satellite Meeting 2011. Details.
- Seminar by Dr Liz Jazwinska (one of the Executive Directors at the ARC) and Mr Michael Nutt (one of the Directors at NHMRC), which will be chaired by the Director of JCSMR. They will discuss the key issues in submitting grant application with their respective organization from an ECR perspective on Tuesday week (26/10/2010) at 10am at the Finkel Theatre. Details.
- Seminar by Professor Sarah Dunlop, who is the President of the Neuroscience Society and a member of the Vision Centre's Advisory Board. She will be talking "Knife Edge, Cutting Edge, Leading Edge: Starting and maintaining a research career" next Monday (18/10/2010) at 2:30pm at the Innovations Lecture Theatre. Details.
- Guest Lecture: Professor Jan Kremers - "Electroretinograms reflecting magnocellular and parvocellular activity".Details.
- International Society for Clinical Electrophysiology of Vision, Fremantle, 2010.
- Young Visionaries retreat 2010. Details.
- Conference on "Translational Research on the Brain" at ANU on 20 August, 2010. Details.
- The Bosch Institute - Distinguished Speaker series.
Speaker: Professor Gerald Westheimer
Title : Neural Steps towards Stereopsis
Time : 12.00 noon, Wednesday 7 April 2010
Place : Norman Gregg Lecture Theatre, Edward Ford Building
The occasion is supported and sponsored by the University of Sydney Node of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science (ACEVS).
- Vision Centre Retreat - Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 December.
- The Australian Neuroscience Society (ANS) satellite meeting "Vision: From Photoreceptors to Behaviour" will take place on Friday, January 29 & Saturday January 30, 2010.
- Special Summer School on Animal Navigation: ACEVS/UQ/QBI/TS are running a Summer School on Animal Navigation, 23-27 Nov 2009.
- Geoff Henry Symposium, 21 November, 2009
- ANS 2009: 29th Annual Meeting of Australian Neuroscience Society will be held from 27 Januray 2009 - 30 January 2009 in Canberra.
>> Conference website.
- ACEVS 2009 - Satellite meeting of ANS 2009 will be held on 31 January 2009 in Canberra.
>> Conference website.